Snacking is a big weakness for me as well. I can usually meal plan and prep enough where breakfast, lunch, and dinner are on point. I have found that if I plan my snacks for the day, I have more success.
Snacks I like that are healthier than dessert and chips:
Click links in order to see nutritional information, cost, and flavors.
- Go Macro Bars are one of my favorites. My favorite flavors are Cherries and Berries and Granola with Coconut.
- Oatmega Bars are really good as well. You can but these at HEB, Target, and Amazon. Favorites are Brownie Crisp, White Chocolate Raspberry and, Blueberry.
- Cashews are a great snack if you are feeling light headed or just to fulfill that salt craving. I get unsalted, but it seems to cure the craving.
- Cherries are starting to come back into season. Sweet and they take a while to eat.
- Jerky is great for protein. Instead of chips get some peppered Jerky. Be careful what kind you buy though and look at the ingredients.
- Kind Bars with chocolate are tasty. They are not as healthy as the above protein bars, but delicious. My favorite is the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew.
I also really enjoy fruit and fruit smoothies with a protein powder scoop to keep me full. If you are active, you need healthy carbs to fuel your lifestyle.